In addition to my tutorials, eBooks, and of course the articles on this website, I consider it an honor to be able to write for and share information with members of our worldwide polymer clay community. As part of this, I’ve written for major polymer clay magazines both as a regular columnist and as a contributing author. In addition, I’ve been interviewed by publications, groups, and websites. These are listed below.
Passion for Polymer
Throughout 2020, I was a regular columnist writing a Q&A feature in the Passion for Polymer magazine.
The Polymer Studio
Regular contributing columnist for The Polymer Studio magazine, published by Tenth Muse Arts.
- Issue #3, 2019, “Heartbreaking Breakage”, page 56.
- Issue #2, 2019, “7 Big Beadmaking Tips”, page 56.
- Issue #1, 2019, “Prepare to Create”, page 54.
Making Jewellery (now defunct), was a British fine craft magazine published by GMC Publications, Ltd. The Polymer Clay special issue was filled with tutorials, information, and showcases from leading polymer clay artists around the world. You can buy a copy here.
- Issue 126, January 2019, “Baking Polymer Clay”, page 29.
Named after the successful polymer clay workshop event held annually in The Czech Republic, Polymer Week magazine is published quarterly and is known for its minimalistic layout and design.
- 1/2019, “Connecting with Others”, page 34.
- Autumn, 2017, “Color Play Earrings”, page 58.
The Polymer Arts
Regular contributing columnist for The Polymer Arts magazine, published by Tenth Muse Arts. My column is titled “The Creative Path”.
- Fall 2018, “Focusing on Your Artistic Journey”, page 42.
- Summer 2018, “What Knitting Taught Me: Lessons for All Crafters”, page 42.
- Spring 2018, “External Validation in the Artistic Journey”, page 50.
- Winter 2017, “Learning to See”, page 38.
- Fall 2017, “The Emotional Texture of Art”, page 42.
From Polymer to Art
- NL Editie, 2014, (In Dutch), “Polymeer klei Tips & Trucs voor beginners”, page 48.
- Edition 1, 2013, “Which is the Clearest Translucent Polymer Clay?”, page 10.
Video Interviews and Podcasts
- Video interview with Amy Brown, president of the IPCA, July 2022.
- Podcast interview and blog post on Domestika podcast Curious Minds, February 2022.
- Video interview with Phoenix and Spruce, April 2021.
- Podcast with Lucy Struncova of Polymer Week, April 2021
- Video interview with Sigfus Designs, October 2020.
- “Meet the Master”, Making Jewellery Magazine, Polymer Clay special issue, page 34
- Allegory Gallery’s blog, interview with Andrew Thornton, October 2018.
- Video interview with Lizzi from the British Polymer Clay Guild, June 2016.
- Video interview with Katie Oskin of Kater’s Acres, August 2016.
- Video interview with GoynaStudio, January 2022.