You probably know Katie Oskin as the face behind Kater’s Acres. But she’s also a talented polymer clay artist, an advocate for the art of polymer clay, and a tireless promoter of other artists. Recently Katie and her husband vacationed here in the Ozarks and Katie and I got to spend three days creating together. While she was here, I took the opportunity to sit down in front of the camera for an interview. It took us a while to get this recorded because Katie is hilarious and we kept cracking up. She’s truly a force of nature, in person. Very dynamic and full of incredible ideas. See for yourself in this interview. Meet Katie Oskin, polymer clay artist!
Meet Katie Oskin of Kater’s Acres
- How much time do you spend on a typical day working on your business? 0:36
- Do you have much time for hobbies, and if so, what do you do? 1:36
- How did you get started with polymer clay? 2:34
- Where do you get the inspiration for your creatures 4:34
- What advice do you have for someone learning to sculpt? 5:18
- What tips can you offer that can help people get good results? 6:30
- Tell me about Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club. 7:30
- Tell me about the Polymer Clay Challenge. 8:58
- Why do you promote so many other artists? 10:43
- What artists do you admire, and why? 12:40
- What direction do you see your work going in the future? 14:30
Katie Oskin’s Art
Katie is an accomplished artist who works with playful fantasy creatures, but that also spills over into mixed media work as well. She is constantly evolving. Have a look at some of her work below.
Find Katie at Kater’s Acres. But Katie isn’t just an artist. She writes many, many helpful tutorials, both free and for sale. Her website is a treasure trove of helpful polymer clay information as well. Don’t miss her Parker’s Clayful Tutorials Club, a subscription club where there are new tutorials every month.
Turnabout Is Fair Play
During the same visit, Katie also interviewed me. You can see that interview over on Kater’s Acres. I have to say, we had a lot of fun. Make sure you check out the bloopers at the end of both videos. Let’s just say that we had a LOT to choose from. Enjoy!
Also, check out our article on Explorations in Voice, and see what Katie and I worked on together. Make sure to follow the link to Katie’s site as well, and enter the giveaway there.